Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sanity

This week has been pretty awful. I'm not sure why, really, but the build-up and combined pressure of the different aspects of life and job have got to me. So I think I need a plan to maintain a semblance of sanity in the midst of it all. So far, I've come up with the following (additions gratefully received):
  1. I will keep looking at job adverts and will seriously consider moving. The thought of moving jobs is pretty daunting, particularly if it also involves moving house, children's school etc. but I think I need the possibility to be open. It helps to reassure myself that I am not here forever.
  2. I will properly value and appreciate my friends. Many of them feel the same way as I do, it turns out, so they are a kind of mutual support network that I can rely on. I should feel happier about telling them what is getting me down because they will understand.
  3. I must try not to let the pressure ruin my home. This is tricky, given the encroachment of work time and tasks into family life, but there are limits. These should be maintained and welcomed.
  4. I should listen to more loud music in the car. Last night, I drove home to They Might be Giants' You're not the boss of me (you know, the theme from Malcolm in the middle). I could sing along and bother nobody and it made me feel much better.

1 comment:

stc said...

Yay for the sanity-inducing powers of TMBG -- there surely are few things more cheering than cranking up the volume on "Birdhouse in Your Soul"....